New Offer Details for the Chase IHG Credit Card
A new offer just came out for the Chase IHG for 50,000 bonus points and $100 Statement Credit after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. The annual fee of $49 will also be waived for the first year.
Benefits of the IHG card:
- 5,000 bonus points after adding an authorized user who makes a purchase
- Free night certificate on your card member anniversary which can be used at any IHG property
- 10% rebate on all points redeemed (annual max of 100,000)
- Platinum Elite status
- Card earns:
- 5x points at IHG properties
- 2x points at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants
- 1x points on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
Points can be redeemed towards any IHG property, which if you’re insure what they are like I was you can check out this handy image:
Although it definitely sounds like a decent deal, there are actually a few more IHG offers currently available as well. All the benefits are the same, however, the sign up bonus and annual fee waiver changes.
- Targeted 100,000 point offer after $2,000 in spend, annual fee not waived and no statement credit.
- 50,000 points more but missing out on $149 in credits.
- Note this is a targeted offer, not public.
- Public 65,000 point offer after $1,000 in spend. Annual fee is waived.
- Extra 15,000 points but no $100 statement credit.
- Lower minimum spend.
- 80,000 points offer after $2,000 in spend. Annual fee is waived.
- Extra 30,000 points but again no $100 statement credit.
- People have mostly had success getting this offer by signing up for one of the lower offers and then asking Chase to match them to this offer after meeting the minimum spend.
Let’s take a look at what these points are really good for anyways to try to figure out which offer is best.
IHG Points Value
Although these IHG points can be redeemed towards some of their more luxurious properties, I think the real value here comes from redeeming them at their standard properties. Personally I don’t care too much about luxury, and I’d rather squeeze as much value as possible. To help us maximize these points IHG actually just released a list of all their properties where you can book a nights at a nightly rate of only 5,000 points!
IHG calls this the “IHG Point Breaks” and includes over 90 hotels in Asia, Australia, Africa, the entire America’s, and Europe. These hotels are valid for booking from May 1st – July 31, but they book up quickly! IHG changes the list every three months, so be sure to check the list frequently!
This is a great deal since even if you got the lowest IHG card offering of 50,000 points you’d be able to squeeze out 10 complimentary nights all over the world! Frugal around the world trip anyone?
Most of the properties are actually within the States though so you can take yourself or your family and a fun quick weekend trip. For example, one of the locations is the Holiday Inn Express Lakeland South in Florida which is right next to Legoland and a short drive from Universal Studios and Disneyworld in Orlando!
You can see the full list of properties here.
Although the 50,000 offer gets you the $100 statement credit and the fee waived, I personally think the targeted and match offer are way better. However this offer is better than the 62,000 point public offer.
So if you haven’t considered it already the IHG card is definitely not a bad deal. With the very minimum you can get 50,000 points worth 10 nights at IHG properties or you might get lucky enough to land the 80,000 or 100,000 points offers for either 16 or 20 nights!
As always be sure to use Etoshin to help you manage your new IHG card and keep track of the annual fee as well as all those points so you’re sure you’re maximizing the value!