Inside Look at the Upcoming U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Card
U.S. Bank is entering the premium card market, and this is certainly a card you need to read about! The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite is officially confirmed and launching May 2nd with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points after $4,500 spend within 90 days.
Let’s dive into the details
- Launching May 2nd, 2017 in branch only
- Sign-up bonus will be 50,000 points after spending $4,500 in 90 days
- No higher bonuses will be offered
- 50,000 points will be worth $750 towards travel
- Bonus points on spending are:
- 3x on mobile NFC payments using apps such as Apple Pay or Android Pay
- 3x on airlines, hotels, or car rentals booked directly through U.S. Bank’s portal
- 1x on everything else
- Annual fee of $400, $75 for authorized users
- $325 annual travel credit for purchases made from airlines, hotels, car rental companies, taxis, limousines, trains, and cruise lines. (Based on cardmember year, meaning it won’t reset January 1st)
- Priority Pass Select Membership, four visits with four guests per membership year
- 12 complimentary Gogo passes each membership year
- TSA PreCheck or Global Entry reimbursement every four years
- Silvercar discount
- GroundLink Black Car Service discounts
- Metal card
An impressive line up of features and not a bad sign-up bonus for an effective annual fee of $75 (after the $325 travel credit).
X-Factor: 3x on All Mobile Payments
The most unique benefit of this card is definitely the ability to earn 3x on mobile payments. With more and more places taking Android and Apple pay you may easily be getting 3x back on most of your transactions without even trying! With these points worth 50% more when earned towards travel that makes it 4.5% back upon redemption!
Please note that the Altitude Premium will only available to in-branch customers with existing relationships of more than 35 days. So if you’re interested and near a branch you might want to go over there and at least start a savings account.
A warning though, U.S. Bank is known to be very conservative with who they lend to. If you have multiple recent inquiries or new accounts within the past year you might have a hard time getting approved. With a bonus worth $750, effective annual fee of $75, and 4.5x on transactions (3x from purchase + 1.5 at redemption) I will definitely be giving it a shot though!
Keep checking back for the latest news and updates on the Altitude. Also, if you haven’t already, please be sure to like us on our Facebook as well as follow us on Instagram and Twitter so that you don’t miss a thing!